A wellness shot can be a highly efficient way to consume an amazing elixir of very nutritious ingredients. It’s a great drink to start your day off with a rush of energy.
Wellness shots aren’t meant to be a beverage you sip on, it’s a shot so its best to just down it as it might be a little too spicy for some people.
This shot will detoxify the organs, increase energy and boosts metabolism.
Health-boosting wellness shots deliver a quick dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals — but in a very concentrated dose. There are so many different concoctions you can make. We highly recommend preparing a batch the night before, you can blend shots that benefit gut health, quick energy boosts, or just simply a very quick way to boost your immune system.
Best Wellness Shot Ingredients:
Table of Contents
- Cayenne pepper can be a super single but potent addition to any juice. Most people don’t realize the nutritional benefits of cayenne. It has been known to boost metabolism, curb food cravings, help lower blood pressure and aid in digestive health.
- Ginger root is anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-histamine, it’s powerful! Ginger relieves body aches and pains, and settles the stomach.
- Lemon is an immune system booster and provides a concentrated dose of vitamin C to the body. They are natural detoxifiers and have a diuretic effect. Lemons are extremely alkaline which makes them great for balancing the pH of the body.
- Turmeric is natural anti-inflammatory root that can help to relieve muscle soreness after an intense workout. It also helps detox the liver and neutralizes free radicals which can lead to wrinkles, cellulite, and fatigue. not only is it great to add to juices or smoothies but studies have shown that curcumin, a chemical compound found in turmeric, can decrease UV damage (it’s a natural antioxidant) and clear up acne (it’s also antibacterial) when applied to skin.
The Quick and Clean Wellness Shot
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 large knob of ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of turmeric
- A drop of oil of oregano (optional)
- Peel your ginger and add it to your juicer or blender.
- Mix the ginger juice with the lemon juice and add the turmeric and cayenne.
- Stir very well.
- Add drops of oil of oregano for an added immune system boost in the winter months.
4 More Ideas for Wellness Shots
Here are a few more wellness shots recipes for you to try out! Let us know in the comments if you make it!
Wellness Shot Tips:
- If you don’t have a juicer, don’t fret. You can still make these using ground spices and use a blender with a little bit of water to get it to a pasty consistency.
Becky believes having good health, listening to your body and being happy is one of the most beautiful gifts. True health and cheerfulness naturally beget each other.